Best commercial & environmental outcomes
Benzoil takes a consultative approach and partners with you to ensure the process is handled professionally. To add value to your business we will:
- Minimise the use of pure disposal methodologies in favour of the latest recycling, recovery, reuse and clean technologies
- Place waste and by-product streams with reputable processors who are specialists at recovering value from resources
- Negotiate best prices via our comprehensive network of processing partners
- Pay rebates where waste has commercial value
Best available technology
Benzoil has developed strategic relationships with Australia’s best waste processing facilities and can offer traditional and industry best practice techniques including:
- Metal extraction
- Fuel blending
Beneficial reuse – what is it?
The objective of many environmental regulations is to assist industry to implement the principles of the waste hierarchy. Benzoil goes a step further, encouraging and enabling utilisation of industrial waste as a resource.
The concept of beneficial reuse views eligible waste and by-product streams as inputs that are part of ordinary manufacturing and production operations. Beneficial reuse may be:
- Direct: a raw material substitute as is, i.e. without any processing
- Secondary: a raw material substitute following some form of reclamation
Benzoil’s goal is to always extract the most value from the waste we handle by ensuring reuse and recyclable materials are processed to be used again, or turned into other valuable resources.
Benzoil will work with you to obtain best practice in the areas of safety, environmental matters, cost effectiveness and both human and public relations.
Through adoption of the waste hierarchy and the Waste Avoidance and Resource Recovery Act 2001, we aim to minimise impact on the environment through:
- Avoiding resource consumption and reducing overall waste generation
- Promotion of resource recovery and engaging reuse, reprocessing, recycling and energy recovery applications wherever possible
- Minimising the impact of our activities by reducing emissions, discharges and wastes
- Reducing greenhouse gas emissions
- Taking measures to prevent pollution
- Complying with relevant legislation, regulations, standards, codes and licences