Value driven solutions for food and beverage by-products
In keeping with our focus on sustainability and value driven waste management solutions, Benzoil has launched a niche business unit known as GrainOut.
Primarily offering solutions for food and beverage by-products, GrainOut is about sustainability of food and beverage by-product (brewery waste, whey concentrate, pea pollard, bakery waste, fruit pomace, molasses etc). We essentially manage food and beverage by-product waste on behalf of food and beverage manufacturers.
This delivers increased value and improved sustainability on multiple fronts:
- Environmental: energy, water, CO2 savings
- Social: sense of community, strategic sourcing
We develop sustainability story and messaging for niche beverage manufacturers to use in line with their core values.
GrainOut specifically handles food and beverage by-products. The significant launch of this business unit builds our reputation as the number one supplier of craft brewery and distillery by-product solutions in Australia. Importantly GrainOut provides the increased focus and expertise required to meet the ongoing specialist needs of our food and beverage customers.
Products that we re-purpose are:
- brewery waste (bulk beer, spent grain, yeast)
- confectionary waste (chocolate)
- dairy waste (hard cheese, milk permeate, whey concentrate)
- fruit and vegetable waste (avocado, coconut husks, fruit pomace, grape marc)
- nut waste (almond hull, macadamia)
- powder, oat and bakery waste (milk powders, pea protein, bran flakes, flour, rice, biscuits)
- pulses, legume and seeds (kibbled peas, pea pollard, palm kernel, cotton seed, canola meal and oil)
GrainOut offers strategic solutions for food and beverage by-products. We also provide associated services including:
- Yeast slurry and trub removal services
- Liquid food waste removal services
- Product destruction (in line with ATO excise division requirements)
- Beverage recall plan response
- Rapid response to liquid spills and loss of containment
- FMCG supply chain consulting
- Waste water system design
- Trade waste agreement support and EPA liaison
See more at www.grainout.com.au or call 0437 965 270.